The rice Os01g0102400 was reported as OsNF-YC9 in 2016  by researchers from China.
- Os01g0102400 <=> OsNF-YC9
- Nuclear factor γ (NF-γ) is a ubiquitous transcription factor that regulates important physiological and developmental processes.
- In plants, the roles of NF-γ were identified in regulation of embryogenesis, flowering time, chloroplast biogenesis, seed germination and stress tolerance. 
- Expression profile analysis covering the whole life cycle revealed that transcripts of OsNF-γ differentially accumulated in a tissue-specific preferential or constitutive manner.
- Analysis of expression correlation and Gene Ontology annotation suggested that OsNF-Y genes were co-expressed with genes that participated in stress, accumulation of seed storage reserves, and plant development.
- Co-expression analysis also revealed that OsNF-Y genes might interact with each other, suggesting that NF-γ subunits formed complexes that take part in transcriptional regulation.
- NF-γ is a heterotrimeric complex composed of three subunits: NF-γA (CBF-B/HAP2), NF-γB (CBF-A/HAP3), and NF-γC
- NF-γ complexes are CCAAT-specific transcription factors that bind to CCAAT sites in DNA to control the expression of target genes .
You can also add sub-section(s) at will.
Labs working on this gene
- College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, 430070, China
- College of Plant Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, 430070, China
- Yang, W., Lu, Z., Xiong, Y., & Yao, J. (2016). Genome-wide identification and co-expression network analysis of the OsNF-γ gene family in rice. The Crop Journal.
- Laloum T, De Mita S, Gamas P, Baudin M, Niebel A. CCAAT-box binding transcription factors in plants: Y so many? Trends Plant Sci. 2013 Mar;18(3):157-66. doi: 10.1016/j.tplants.2012.07.004. Epub 2012 Aug 30. Review. Erratum in: Trends Plant Sci. 2013 Oct;18(10):594-5. PubMed PMID: 22939172.