The rice Os08g0108500 was reported as OsbHLH124 in 2006  by researchers from the China. It is a member of bHLH transcription factor gene family.
- Os08g0108500 <=> OsbHLH124
- The basic/helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factors and their homologs form a large family in plant and animal genomes.
- rice bHLH proteins can potentially participate in a variety of combinatorial interactions, endowing them with the capacity to regulate a multitude of transcriptional programs.
- bHLHs represent key regulatory components in transcriptional networks controlling a number of biological processes.
- Plant bHLHs have been reported to function in light signaling, hormone signaling, wound and drought stress responses, symbiotic ammonium transport, shoot branching, root, fruit and flower development, et al.   
- Similar expression patterns suggest functional conservation between some rice bHLH genes and their close Arabidopsis homologs.
- The studies of researchers indicate that the ancient bHLH gene family has likely expanded considerably during flowering plant evolution to include many relatively young members, allowing both the conservation and divergence of gene function.
You can also add sub-section(s) at will.
Labs working on this gene
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University-Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences-Pennsylvania State University Joint Center for Life Sciences, Key Laboratory of Microbial Metabolism, Ministry of Education, School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, People’s Republic of China, 200240
- School of Life Science, Shanghai University, Shanghai, People’s Republic of China, 200444
- School of Life Science, Xiamen University, Xiamen, People’s Republic of China, 361005
- Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, People’s Republic of China, 200032
- Department of Biology and the Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Li X, Duan X, Jiang H, Sun Y, Tang Y, Yuan Z, Guo J, Liang W, Chen L, Yin J, Ma H, Wang J, Zhang D. Genome-wide analysis of basic/helix-loop-helix transcription factor family in rice and Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2006 Aug;141(4):1167-84. PubMed PMID: 16896230; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC1533929.
- ↑ Carretero-Paulet L, Galstyan A, Roig-Villanova I, Martínez-García JF, Bilbao-Castro JR, Robertson DL. Genome-wide classification and evolutionary analysis of the bHLH family of transcription factors in Arabidopsis, poplar, rice, moss, and algae. Plant Physiol. 2010 Jul;153(3):1398-412. doi: 10.1104/pp.110.153593. PubMed PMID: 20472752; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2899937.
- ↑ Feller A, Machemer K, Braun EL, Grotewold E. Evolutionary and comparative analysis of MYB and bHLH plant transcription factors. Plant J. 2011 Apr;66(1):94-116. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-313X.2010.04459.x. Review. PubMed PMID: 21443626.