OsbHLH148 is a basic helix-loop-helix protein, and it interacts with OsJAZ proteins in a jasmonate signalling pathway leading to drought tolerance in rice.
- Os03g0741100 <=> OsbHLH148,bHLH148
- OsbHLH148 interacts with OsJAZ proteins in a jasmonate signalling pathway leading to drought tolerance in rice. The over-expressed OsbHLH148 can cause the up-regulation of some genes involved in stress responses and the jasmonate signalling pathway such as OsDREB and OsJAZ genes. OsbHLH148 acts in the initial response of jasmonates by forming an OsbHLH148–OsJAZ1–OsCOI1 signalling module in the upstream signalling pathway to improve drought tolerance in rice.
- OsbHLH148 transcript levels were rapidly increased by treatment with methyl jasmonate (MeJA) or abscisic acid, and abiotic stresses including dehydration, high salinity, low temperature and wounding
You can also add sub-section(s) at will.
Labs working on this gene
- Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul 151-921, Korea
- Division of Bioscience and Bioinformatics, Myongi University, Yongin 449-728, Korea
- GreenGene Biotech Inc., Myongji University, Yongin 449-728, Korea
- School of Biological Science, Seoul National University, Seoul 151-742, Korea
- Ju-Seok Seo1, Joungsu Joo2, Min-Jeong Kim1, Yang Do Choi1 et al.(2011) OsbHLH148, a basic helix-loop-helix protein, interacts with OsJAZ proteins in a jasmonate signaling pathway leading to drought tolerance in rice.The Plant Journal Volume 65, Issue 6:907–921.