The rice Os02g0811000 was reported as BLS1 in 2012  by researchers from China.
- Os02g0811000 <=> OsBLS1,BLS1
- BLS1 is required for lateral development of the lemma and palea in Rice, and does not function at stages of floral-organ initiation and patterning
- In bls1 mutant, floral-organ identity and floral-organ patterning are normal, and the defects occur at the stage of the lemma and palea expansion, whereas the other aspects of floral architecture and form are not affected.
- BLS1 is expressed strongly in young inflorescence, specifically the young lemmas and paleas of spikelets.
- Subcellular localization analysis showed that BLS1 is localized in the nucleus.
Labs working on this gene
- National Key Facility for Crop Gene Resources and Genetic Improvement, Institute of Crop Science, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 100081, China.
- National Key Laboratory for Crop Genetics and Germplasm Enhancement, Jiangsu Plant Gene Engineering Research Center, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
- Ma, Xiaoding, et al. "BEAK LIKE SPIKELET1 is required for lateral development of lemma and palea in rice." Plant Molecular Biology Reporter 31.1 (2013): 98-108.