The rice Os06g0493100 was reported as OsZFP6 in 2014  by researchers from China.
- OsZFP6 is a putatively useful gene for developing crops with increased alkali and H2O2 tolerance.
- OsZFP6 plays an important role in abiotic stress responses.
- When OsZFP6 was transformed into yeast, the transgenic yeast showed significantly increased resistance to NaHCO3 compared to the control. * Moreover, Arabidopsis transgenic plants overexpressing 'OsZFP6 were more tolerant to both NaHCO3 and H2O2 treatments.
- OsZFP6 expression was increased by abiotic stress, including salt (NaCl), alkali (NaHCO 3 ) and H2O2 treatment
- The OsZFP6 protein contains 305 amino acids and a conserved zinc finger domain and is localised to the nucleus.
You can also add sub-section(s) at will.
Labs working on this gene
- Northeast Institute of Geography and Agroecology, Key Laboratory of Soybean Molecular Design Breeding, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Harbin,Heilongjiang 150081, China
- Key Laboratory of Biology and Genetic Resources of Rubber Tree, Ministry of Agriculture, State Key Laboratory Incubation Base for Cultivation and Physiology of Tropical Crops, Rubber Research Institute, CATAS, Danzhou, Hainan 571737, China
- Alkali Soil Natural Environmental Science Center (ASNESC), Northeast Forestry University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150040, China College of Life Sciences, Xinyang Normal University, China.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Zhang K, Qian Q, Huang Z, Wang Y, Li M, Hong L, Zeng D, Gu M, Chu C, Cheng Z. GOLD HULL AND INTERNODE2 encodes a primarily multifunctional cinnamyl-alcohol dehydrogenase in rice. Plant Physiol. 2006 Mar;140(3):972-83. Epub 2006 Jan 27. PubMed PMID: 16443696; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC1400561.