The rice Os02g0181300 was reported as OsWRKY71 in 2007  by researchers from China.
- Os02g0181300 <=> OsWRKY71,WRKY71
- OsWRKY71 might function in rice biotic stress response.
- OsWRKY71 might function as a transcriptional regulator upstream of OsNPR1 and OsPR1b in rice defense signaling pathways.
- To investigate the subcellular localization of OsWRKY71 protein, the cDNA sequence of the OsWRKY71 gene was fused in frame to the 39 end of the green ﬂuorescent protein (GFP) gene that is driven by the constitutive maize Ubiquitin (UBI) promoter.
- The fusion construct, UBI-GFP:OsWRKY71 and the control construct UBI-GFP were introduced, respectively, into barley aleurone cells by bombardment. Confocal microscopic observations indicated that GFP ﬂuorescence was detected in the whole cell bombarded with the control construct UBIGFP.
- By contrast, the GFP:OsWRKY71 fusion protein was targeted to the nucleus. Aleurone cell nuclei were stained with SYTO17, which released red ﬂuorescence.
- Overexpression of OsWRKY71 gene in rice resulted in enhanced resistance to virulent bacterial pathogens Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae (Xoo) 13751.
- Furthermore, two marker genes in defense signaling pathway, OsNPR1 and OsPR1b, were constitutively expressed in OsWRKY71-overexpressing transgenic plants.
- OsWRKY71 was up-regulated by several defense signaling molecules, such as SA, methyl jasmonate (MeJA), 1-aminocyclo-propane-1-carboxylic acid (ACC), as well as wounding and pathogen infection.
- Transient expression of OsWRKY71:GFP fusion protein in onion epidermis cells revealed that OsWRKY71 was localized in the nucleus.
- WRKY proteins are a large family of transcription factors that mainly participate in plant biotic stress responses.
- So far, one hundred and five OsWRKY genes have been predicted in the rice genome.
- OsWRKY IIa subfamily members play both positive and negative regulatory roles in regulating plant innate immunity.
You can also add sub-section(s) at will.
Labs working on this gene
- National Key Laboratory of Plant Genomics and Plant Gene Research Center (Beijing), Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Datun Road, Beijing 100101, China
- Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Yuquan Road, Beijing 100039, China
- Liu X, Bai X, Wang X, Chu C. OsWRKY71, a rice transcription factor, is involved in rice defense response. J Plant Physiol. 2007 Aug;164(8):969-79. PubMed PMID: 16919842.