The rice Os01g0834400 was reported as OsHAP3A in 2003 by researchers from Japan,.
- Os01g0834400 <=> OsHAP3A,HAP3A
- OsHAP3A encode a HAP3/nuclear factor-YB (NF-YB)/CCAAT binding factor-A (CBF-A) subunit of a CCAAT-box binding complex in rice (Oryza sativa)
- OsHAP3A genes regulate chloroplast biogenesis in rice.
- In the transgenic rice plants with antisense or RNAi construct of OsHAP3A, reduced expression of not only OsHAP3A but also OsHAP3B and OsHAP3C was observed. These plants had pale green leaves, in which the amount of chloro- phyll was reduced and chloroplasts were degenerated.
- Lamella was not well developed and accumulation of starch was not detected.
- The degenerated chloroplast formation was accompanied by reduced expression of nuclear-encoded photosynthesis genes such as RBCS and CAB, while expression of chloroplast-encoded genes was not affected or rather increased.
- OsHAP3A was expressed in various organs including leaves.
Labs working on this gene
1.Plant Genetics Laboratory, National Institute of Genetics, 1111 Yata, Mishima, Shizuoka-ken 411-8540, Japan.
2.Department of Life Science, Graduate University for Advanced Studies, 1111 Yata, Mishima, Shizuoka-ken 411-8540, Japan.
- Kazumaru Miyoshi;Yukihiro Ito;Akiko Serizawa;Nori Kurata, OsHAP3 genes regulate chloroplast biogenesis in rice, The Plant Journal, 2003, 36(4): 532-540.