OsCIPK08 is a member of CIPK genes (CIPKs,calcineurin B-like protein interacting protein kinases) in rice.
Almost all OsCIPK proteins contain the complete protein kinase domain (except OsCIPK21) and the NAF domain (except OsCIPK8). OsCIPK08 has lost the region containing the FISL/NAF motif, but it contains the full N-terminal catalytic domain (sharing sequence homology with SNF).
GO assignment(s): GO:0004672,GO:0004674, GO:0006468, GO:0005524, GO:0007165
OsCIPK08 was induced by salinity stress, the expression of OsCIPK08 was relatively high in the shoot.
OsCIPK08 belongs to subgroup I of OsCIPK family.
- From real-time RT-PCR analyses, Giong et al. identified 16 OsCIPK genes showing a significant up- or down-regulation in response to drought stress. Using the probable functional gene network tool, RiceNet, Giong et al. generated a hypothetical functional gene network based on 15 out of 16 OsCIPK proteins (Fig. 1).
- More than 200 interactions mediated by these OsCIPK proteins. This network was further refined by integrating fold change data showing at least 1 log2-fold up-regulation (red colored nodes in Fig. 1) or less than -1 log2-fold down-regulation (green colored nodes in Fig. 1) under drought stress to all the elements in this network.
- Integrated subcellular localization data further enhances the feasibility of functional modules consisting of co-expressed functional groups such as CIPK and PPC and other components in the network(Fig. 1).
- The calcineurin B-like protein–CBL-interacting protein kinase (CBL–CIPK) signaling pathway in plants is a Ca2+-related pathway that responds strongly to both abiotic and biotic environmental stimuli. The CBL-CIPK system shows variety, specificity, and complexity in response to different stresses, and the CBL–CIPK signaling pathway is regulated by complex mechanisms in plant cells.
Labs working on this gene
- National Center of Plant Gene Research (Wuhan), National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China
- Department of Plant Molecular Systems Biotechnology & Crop Biotech Institute, Kyung Hee University, Yongin 446-701, Korea
- Graduate School of Biotechnology, Kyung Hee University, Yongin 446-701, Korea
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Xiang Y, Huang Y, Xiong L. Characterization of stress-responsive CIPK genes in rice for stress tolerance improvement[J]. Plant physiology, 2007, 144(3): 1416-1428.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Giong H K, Moon S, Jung K H. A systematic view of the rice calcineurin B-like protein interacting protein kinase family[J]. Genes & Genomics, 2015, 37(1): 55-68.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Yu Q, An L, Li W. The CBL–CIPK network mediates different signaling pathways in plants[J]. Plant cell reports, 2014, 33(2): 203-214.