The rice Os01g0248900 was reported as OsEXPA8 in 2013  by researchers from Korea, Mongolia, Russia.
- Os01g0248900 <=> OsEXPA8,EXPA8
- Accumulation of OsEXPA8 in Cell Wall Enlarges Cell Size.
- The Growth of Suspension-cultured Cells is Significantly Increased by OsEXPA8 Overexpression
- Overexpression of OsEXPA8, Improves Rice Growth and Root System Architecture by Facilitating Cell Extension
- Overexpression of OsEXPA8 yielded pleiotropic phenotypes in the root system architecture (Figure 3A–F), plant height, leaf number and leaf size (Figure 3G and H).
- Compared to wild-type plants, 35S::OsEXPA8 transgenic lines showed similar morphological phenotypes: the length of primary roots (Figure 3A) and number of lateral roots were significantly increased (t-test, P,0.01).
- The size of root hairs in the root apex of 35S::OsEXPA8 plants has been increased clearly by stereoscope (Figure 3B and C) and Cryo-SEM images (Figure 3D and E). At maturity, the difference of the root system architecture between transgenic lines and wild-type plants was also significant, and transgenic lines developed more and longer roots (including lateral and adventurous roots) (Figure 3F).
You can also add sub-section(s) at will.
Labs working on this gene
- Bioengineering College, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ma N, Wang Y, Qiu S, Kang Z, Che S, Wang G, Huang J. Overexpression of OsEXPA8, a root-specific gene, improves rice growth and root system architecture by facilitating cell extension. PLoS One. 2013 Oct 4;8(10):e75997. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0075997. eCollection 2013. PubMed PMID: 24124527;