- RiceWiki, a project of IC4R (Information Commmons for Rice) as well as a component of ScienceWikis, is a wiki-based, publicly editable and open-content platform for community curation of genes and Omics Knowledge in rice, viz., a community-curated resource of rice knowledge. Unlike conventional biological databases based on expert curation, RiceWiki harnesses collective intelligence to collect, edit and annotate information about rice, quantifies users' contributions in each annotated gene and provides explicit authorship for each contributor to encourage more participation from the whole scientific community. Welcome to join us !
- How do I contribute to RiceWiki?
- If you are a researcher, please share your knowledge and curate genes in your area of expertise.
- If you are a teacher/investigator, community curation of rice genes in RiceWiki can be incorporated as student assignments, where contribution can be quantified as a score.
- If you are a student, you can work as a volunteer, e.g., data collection, content formatting.
- If you are a journal publisher, please consider community curation as a compulsory post-publication when any rice-related paper is accepted by the journal.
- At the very least, please spread this news to any one who might be of interest.
- You can perform different types of contributions to make RiceWiki the online encyclopedia for rice.
- How do I cite RiceWiki?
- The citation for RiceWiki is:
- Other related publications:
- Is it allowed for any user to provide edits in RiceWiki?
- RiceWiki allows any user to view and search but only registered users can add and edit content.
- Why do I open my identity and become a registered user?
- Open identity provided by registration not only improves content reliability, increases users’ collaborations and communications, but is also supportive to reward community-curated efforts by giving explicit authorship. It is of crucial significance for RiceWiki that would like to give credits to all contributors in reward for community-provided contents.
- How do I acquire a RiceWiki account?
- Please email the RiceWiki Team at email@example.com to tell us your preferred login name, real name, research interests, etc., and we will set up an account for you.
- How do I update my account information or change password?
- To update your account information, please log on first and then you may find a link named "My preferences" at the top right.
- Why I can't log into RiceWiki?
- Make sure that the Caps Lock key is not depressed. Passwords are case sensitive.
- Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.